The position holder is responsible for the implementation of a quality Nutrition program, in accordance with national and international standards. The Nutrition Manager will identify gaps in Nutrition services and take the necessary steps to address those gaps. This includes providing guidance and support to the team as well as ensuring proper coordination with other sectors and organizational functions. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide consistent and high-quality technical support in the project implementation and will other project staff in the LGA to deliver excellent project performance
- Support the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring, and updating the medical content of the INTERSOS country policy and annual plan, by analyzing health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities, and resources needed to cover the medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- Conducts needs assessments, identifying priority needs and potential areas of action and emergencies, drafting reports, concept notes, and project proposals
- Support project implementation by answering medical questions from the field, and participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff.
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in stakeholder identification and engagement. Additionally, represent INTERSOS in meetings or with different stakeholders as and when required.
- Assess and address promptly, the medical and non-medical needs of the project interventions under his/her responsibility by collaboration with relevant departments.
- Ensures efficiency and quality in project activities by regular monitoring and continuous support to field teams.
- In close coordination with the Medical Coordinator, ensure proper management of the health team including but not limited to; recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development, and internal/external communication.
- Facilitate the circulation of information and fluid communication within the team and between the team ensuring effective and efficient implementation of project activities.
- Coordinate daily management of the team’s work plan under his/her responsibility.
- Participate in cluster meetings and relevant inter-sectoral coordination meetings at the field level, contributing to the development of guidelines, standards, tools, and strategies.
- Organize and participate in meetings with other managers to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments in terms of activities running.
- Responsible for the medical data collection, analysis, and reporting to the Medical Coordinator through the correct use of internal databases and monitoring tools to ensure proper monitoring of the program. AND/OR
- Reports to the Medical Coordinator all the nutrition activities and coordinates closely before taking any decisions/actions.
- MB.BS degree. Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or a degree in Public Health.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience as a clinic, health, or nutrition supervisor in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments
- Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, etc.)
- Demonstrate experience with different donors’ compliance and reporting
- Leadership, people management, and development, teamwork and cooperation, strategic Vision, and Service Orientation
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards, and best practices
- Work within the framework of IINTERSOS Nigeria’s core values.
- Act as an ambassador for INTERSOS Nigeria, through professionalism and conduct.
- Adhere to all INTERSOS policies and procedures both technical and administrative.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programs.
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by INTERSOS Nigeria and for any losses or damages due to negligence you will be liable for repair or replacement.
Interested candidates should complete the form and attach their CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted. Application deadline: apply no later than 3rd January 2023 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.