Owing to its unique beauty, colourful Creole culture and year-round summer, Seychelles is renowned for being the ideal holiday destination. However over the years, the Islands’ value has also been found in its commitment to environmental protection, the value of its EEZ, its political stability, attractive business conditions, tri-lingual population, growing infrastructure and strategic location, thus making Seychelles attractive as an investment jurisdiction.
The location of the Seychelles Islands gives it excellent air connectivity to major hubs in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia. This is coupled with a favourable time zone of GMT + 4. The World Bank Gross National Income (GNI) per capita framework has moved the Seychelles economy into the high-income group with a 2018 estimated GDP per capita of $16,434.
In an effort to continue improving the investment landscape, the Seychelles Government has plans to expand the Seychelles International Airport and the Victoria Sea Port. Work is also underway to install a second Submarine Fiber Optic Cable. This shows a commitment towards continuous infrastructure development to support investments.
Source: Seychelles Investment Board
Land area: 455 sq. km
Population: 93,419 (official estimate, 2015)
Capital: Victoria, on the island of Mahé
Languages: Creole, English, French
Currency: Seychelles rupee (SRs)=100 cents
Time: 4 hours ahead of GMT
GDP Per Capita: 17,300 (2019)
GDP Growth: 3.8 (Q3 2018 – Q3 2019)
- Located in the heart of the Indian Ocean with excellent air connectivity to major hubs in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia.
- The main population is situated outside the cyclonic belt.
- Favourable time zone of GMT+4.
- Temperature ranges from 25-32 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
- 96% literacy rate with increasingly educated and skilled workforce.
- Politically and economically stable environment.
- A growing economy with expanding opportunities in Fisheries, Agriculture, Real Estate, Adventure Tourism, ICT and Energy.
- Fiscal incentives for investments in the Tourism, Agriculture, Energy and Fisheries sector.
- 1st in Africa and 27th in the world on the Corruptions Perceptions Index 2019.
- 2nd Highest GDP per Capita in Africa.
- Offers a world class financial centre with no foreign exchange restrictions.
- Ranked 3rd for the Mo Ibrahim Index of African Governance.
- 1st in Africa on the Human Development Index (2019).
Source : The World Bank Group,
- Formulate investment promotion policies, plans and marketing strategies and undertake promotional activities to attract foreign and local investments;
- Contribute to government strategies related to the enhancement of the business context and formulate propositions to government.
- Stimulate the development, expansion and growth of the economy by promoting Seychelles as an international investment, business and service centre;
- Act as an intermediary between the public and private sector in order to formulate proposals to the government for the improvement of the business environment.
- Seek steady improvement in the global business indicators relative to the overall investment climate within Seychelles.
- Improve the level of investment through diversification.
- Promote the development of key infrastructures and logistics as well as value addition possibilities in the fisheries sector.
- Focus on development of such emerging sectors such as ICT, healthcare, education and social and leisure infrastructures as this will provide the service base of Seychelles and support the primary industries.
- Increase the level of investment in activities which reduce import substitutions.
- Accelerate development in key infrastructures such as the seaport and airport and in enhancing access for both maritime and air transport.
- Increase the level of investment which capitalizes on a knowledge-based economy such as the ICT sector.
- Promote a strategy to increase exports of our local products.
- Seychelles International Business Authority: www.siba.net/
- Small Enterprise Promotion Agency : www.senpa.sc/
- Seychelles Yearbook : www.seychellesyearbook.com
- Seychelles National Assembly : www.nationalassembly.gov.sc
- The Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) : www.seychelles.travel
Tel : (+248) 429 55 05 | Fax : (+248) 422 51 25
www.sib.gov.sc | email@example.com